Exploring the 12 Basic Human Needs
... your life issues and options in each of the
12 life areas Presented by: Marily Mondejar
FWN's educational programming (launched in 2002) is based on the 12 Life Anchors adapted from Dr. Caela Farren's work.
FWN workshops and seminars are designed around the life
areas. We invite speakers who are specialists in these fields to share their expertise
with FWN Members.
The 12 Life Anchors are best appreciated when FWN
members take this first session which can provide a practical foundation
for life planning. This workshop can be taken regardless of education,
work experience, age or life situation.
Ignite your spirit! Manage your current life issues and explore your options in each of the 12 Life Anchors for personal and professional empowerment:
1. Community - Participating, volunteering, helping others in our community (youth, schools, public service, politics)
2. Economic Security - Managing personal resources, income, budgeting, savings, investments, insurance
3. Environment/Safety - Caring about your physical surroundings, e.g., recycling, pollution, waste removal
4. Family/Kinship - Caring for life partners, marriages, children, parents, extended family
5. Health & Well-Being - Mental, emotional and physical health, feeling good about yourself and others
6. Home/Shelter - Caring for and improving personal space - home, office, car, desk, etc.
7. Learning - Acquiring and applying new knowledge, skills, and abilities to improve different areas of life
8. Leisure - Diversifying interests and renewing energy through sports, hobbies, entertainment
9. Social Relationships - Getting along with all types of people, nurturing friends, making new acquaintances
10. Spirituality - Exploring the meaning of life through philosophy, religion, humor, the arts, nature
11. Mobility - Ability to move from place to place to take care of your needs as well as your personal and extended families and friends
12. Work/Career - Choosing a field, feeling satisfied, contributing to society, creating balance
you going through change? Are you looking to launch a new chapter in
your life? Graduation? Job transition? Career plateauing? Reinventing
your business or starting a new venture? At a personal level, are you
starting a family, divorcing, empty nesting, considering retirement?
Change is a constant in our lives and it can mean many different
options. We invite you to a hands-on workshop that will give you the
ability and confidence to embark on your personal journey in exploring
the rest of your life.
We will examine your values, talents and interests using the 12
Life Areas of Empowerment. We will trace your lifeline to discover
patterns and observable motivators in your life. We will engage in
understanding the nature of change and how to design endings and new
Ignite your spirit @ the FWN Salo Salo!