Filipina Women's Network Celebrates 15 years
#FWN15Celebration Week — 16–31 August 2018
Together, Let’s Take Action!
#FWN15Celebration marks FWN’s 15th anniversary in 2018. #FWN15Celebration honors the significance, success, and relevance of what FWN members are doing to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs.
Take the lead. Transform our world.
FWN invites all members to host a #FWN15Celebration during the week of 16–31 August 2018. The celebration can be any number of hours, days, or weeks.
The celebration will showcase what FWN members and their organizations are doing to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Inspire others to take the lead. Create collective impact.
FWN members will interact with each other locally and globally, learn from each other, and explore innovative and creative ways to create collective impact.
As hosts, you and fellow fwn members
- Gain increased exposure
- Build stronger relationships with fellow FWN members and your organizations
- Showcase your organization at a global level
TO SUPPORT YOUR EVENT, fwn will
- Promote and encourage attendance
- Drive promotional and communication efforts, such as inclusion in the #FWN15Celebration map, event page, and social media channels. #FWN15Celebration map will visually show how FWN as a truly global organization is actively involved in achieving these
Interested in hosting an #FWN15Celebration?
If you would like to host an #FWN15Celebration, please read the guidelines and complete the form below, by 1 July 2018. We will be in touch with you to discuss the details of your event.
- Review the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Sustainable Development Goal 5 (SDG 5)—Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls—will be a central theme for all events.
- Focus on one of the SDG 5 targets as your event theme.
- Choose one or two SDGs that are important to you and your organization.
- Do a formal panel, a cultural festival, a meet-up, a book reading, a workshop, a book launch, a seminar, a film showing, a gallery, a webinar, a training session, a sporting event or anything in between that celebrates your organization’s ongoing and planned actions.
- Plan, organize, and implement your celebration during the week of 16–31 August 2018.
- Lead all marketing and communication efforts to drive attendance to your event, during the event, and after the event.
- Prepare a short-video or any audio-visual (less than 5 minutes) about the celebration to share at the London summit.
- FWN is not able to offer financial support to individual events, hence as the host, you will have to manage any fundraising efforts or seek sponsors to support your event.
- FWN does not support or promote any events associated with or hosted by controversial or extremist organizations, nor any events used to promote specific spiritual or religious beliefs, political agendas, or commercial products. These types of events will not be permitted as part of the #FWN15Celebration.