Why Join The Filipina Women’s Network
The Filipina Women’s Network (FWN) is a non-profit association for women of Philippine ancestry. FWN provides educational resources through publications, lectures, activities, and programs to further the professional and personal development of its members.
FWN enhances public perceptions of Filipina women’s capacities to lead, changes biases against Filipina women’s leadership abilities and promotes the entry of Filipina women into positions of leadership in corporate, government, and nonprofit sectors.
FWN achieves these goals through public education forums, community and corporate outreach, research on Filipina women’s issues, leadership and skill-building/career development programs for Filipina women, and influencing popular culture.
FWN’s current membership represents Filipina women from corporations, government and nonprofit sectors including organizations who support FWN’s mission.
three unique benefits of FWN Membership:
1) Online Networking - The Online Member Directory can be accessed anywhere in the world 24/7 as long as you have internet access with your unique login and password. You do not need to contact FWN to find fellow FWN Members. You may communicate with fellow members directly. When you join you have the opportunity to create your own member profile and update it whenever your personal information changes. You can upload photos, links to videos or your own YouTube Channel, your organization's website and other neat features.
2) Participate in FEMtorMatch both as a FEMtee or as FEMtor. Take the the FEMtorMatch™ Competencies assessment to determine your strengths and the challenges that have been holding you back to achieve career satisfaction. Both FEMtors™ and FEMtees™ can reside anywhere in the world. Here's the link to sign up and participate - http://www.femtormatch.org/#about-femtormatch and you will be matched with a FEMtee™ if you want to seek career guidance or as a FEMtor™ if you are able to share your expertise in navigating the global workplace and be an important contributor in FWN's campaign to develop next generation leaders.
3) Member discounts to all events and FWN branded products. Secure a FIRST EDITION (Collector's Edition in full color) of DISRUPT. Filipina Women: Proud. Loud. Leading Without A Doubt. and be inspired. Watch out for DISRUPT 2.0 to find out how you can contribute your leadership story - http://www.filipinaleadership.org/
To order all three editions, go to these sites:
http://amzn.to/1arFT7x — download Kindle edition
http://amzn.to/1AybRbV — print edition
http://www.ffwn.org/event-876425 — FIRST EDITION (collector's copy, full color) - limited quantities, while supplies last!
Why Our Meetings Are Different
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers and leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
FWN's annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit is the leading forum of its kind in the Filipino community. Filipina professionals—decision makers in leading industries—gather to learn the latest developments for multicultural professionals in the global workplace and make the connections that will advance their businesses and professional careers.
The Filipina Summit is the definitive gathering of Filipina women to celebrate the advancement and contributions of Filipina women to society. It is a time of remembrance, reflection, and motivation to renew efforts towards research, examination, and promulgation of Filipina women history and culture. FWN provides the content, credibility and community to help women of Philippine ancestry succeed in their businesses and careers. Plan to join us. Register early to receive discounts:
- 2016 – 13th Summit: Cebu - August 21-24 (Global FWN100™ Awards)
- 2017 – 14th Summit: Toronto, Canada - October 19 – 22 (Global FWN100™ Awards)
- 2018 – 15th Summit: London, UK - October 18 – 21 (Global FWN100™ Awards)
- 2019 – 16th Summit: Hawaii - October 17 – 20 (Global FWN100™ Awards)
- 2020 – 17th Summit: “Pinay Power 2020 Reunion” Washington DC - October 1 – 4 (Global FWN100™ Awards)
Requirements to join FWN:
- Recruit at least one new FWN member a year
- Attend Filipina Summit annually held in October
- Membership dues are $200 annually renewable every year on anniversary date, and include participation as a FEMtor or FEMtee on FEMtorMatch™
FWN’s Powerful Programs
FWN’s programs are project driven:
Filipinas Against Violence
In collaboration with V-Day (in May during Asian Pacific Heritage Month) raising awareness about the serious problems of domestic violence in the Filipino community with the all-Filipina productions of The Vagina Monologues, A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer (MMRP) film viewing of Until the Violence Stops and CourtWatch of domestic violence issues, legislation and court cases affecting the Filipino community.
Vagina Warriors are the women and men who have experienced violence personally or witnessed violence within their own families or communities. Instead of taking a gun to seek revenge or becoming an abuser, they have dedicated themselves to ending violence against Filipina women and girls through effective, grassroots means. Vagina Warriors are selected to coincide with the Filipinas Against Violence annual campaign.
Filipina LEADERSHIP GLOBAL Summit
The Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Award™ recognizes Filipina women who are influencing the face of leadership in the global workplace, having reached status for outstanding work in their respective fields and are recognized for their leadership, achievement and contributions to society, femtorship and legacy. The Global FWN100™ Awards support FWN’s Pinay Power 2020 Mission: A Filipina woman leader in every sector of the global economy. The awardees are asked to femtor a young Pinay through the FEMtorship initiative and bring her to the Filipina Summit. More info: http://www.filipinawomensnetwork.org/fwn100
The Filipina Summit is held in October to recognize the first recorded presence of Filipinos in the continental United States when on October 18, 1587, “Luzones Indios” came ashore from the Spanish galleon Nuestra Senora de Esparanza and landed at what is now Morro Bay, California. FWN was founded and its headquarters is based in San Francisco, California.
Pinay Power 2020
Pinay Power 2020 is a dream with a meaningful purpose—A Filipina leader in every sector of the global economy by 2020. To achieve this goal, we launched the nationwide search to identify the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the United States in 2006 and the Global FWN100™ Awards in 2013. To view the US and Global FWN100 Awardees, click here.
Filipina Women Who Could Be President
A non-partisan training program that will provide Filipina women the leadership competencies and grassroots support in three career paths—management, entrepreneurship, and public service. The mission of this program is to encourage more Filipina women to aim high, take on leadership roles, be a catalyst in making it absolutely normal in the eyes of the media and the public that Filipina women have the capabilities to ascend to decision making roles as senior management officers and the position of president.
On an individual level, you will…
- Have many opportunities to “give back” and share your skills, connections and expertise with your peers in the Filipina community
- Help shape the Filipina image
- Develop and practice important business and leadership skills that are not utilized in your paid work
- Broaden your professional network and make valuable personal contacts
- Become recognized by your peers and gain visibility in the Filipina community
- Be a decision-maker and influence FWN's work in the community
- Gain access to boards and commissions appointments, new professional developments and cutting-edge information to advance your business or career
- Access to information about job openings and business opportunities
- Access to career, financial and life planning services
- Email updates
- Speaking and publishing opportunities
- Discounts to all FWN events
- Listing in the Online Membership Directory
- Preferential Rates to FWN Professional Development Programs
- Leadership Development
- Personal Image Program
- Career Services
Your organization will also enjoy benefits from your membership and volunteer work, such as:
- Demonstrate your organization's corporate social responsibility, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- You will be able to apply management and leadership skills acquired as a FWN volunteer that could enhance your job functions you would not otherwise have the opportunity to learn on-the-job.
- Access to Filipina women in other organizations worldwide.
- As an entrepresneur, the opportunity to test new ideas with other professionals before effecting implementation.