Cisco is launching a cross-industry education to employment pilot program. The program will focus on preparing students for new IT careers that are emerging as a result of the digital revolution where smarter connections are being made between people, processes, data, and things. The estimated $19 trillion global opportunity known as the Internet of Everything (IoE) is happening at a rapid pace and Cisco is committed to helping students gain the skills to thrive in the new digital economy. This program involves a full-time immersive learning experience that sets learners on a solid path to employment in the Internet of Everything industries.
Blended learning experience that is multi-disciplinary and project based with ample hands-on learning opportunities, real world examples, online learning, and hackathons
Build robots, analyze "Big Data," write code, develop business plans, and execute a business pitch
- Focused on two major IoE Fields: Data Analyst and Field Technician
- Designed to develop technology, design thinking, innovation, and business skills
- Mentorship throughout the entire learning experience
- Full tuition scholarships are available but students will be responsible for their own expenses such as meals, travel, etc.
- Cisco is committed to giving education, experience, and exposure to maximize students’ potential for obtaining a job
- Upon completion of the program, students will have achieved in-demand professional technology skills.
Who is this for?
Ideal candidates are those that :
- Are seeking a Career in the IT industry
- Are passionate about technology
- Are problem solvers
- Have hands on curiosity or desire to learn by doing
- Are able to dedicate 7 Months full-time to the program
- Can commit to attend classes in San Francisco at the Palace of Fine Arts
- Have completed at least one college-level programming course in either Python, Java, or C++
- Have completed an introductory course to Linux
- Have basic networking skills, similar to Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Have taken High School level math and physics
- Have taken one college-level introduction to electronic circuits (preferred for field engineer track, not required)
- Have taken one college-level statistics and probability course (preferred for data analyst track, not required)
For more information, visit http://csr.cisco.com/pilot/about.html