LOCATION: San Francisco, California
May 13, 2015 - 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
May 14, 2015 - 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
May 15, 2015 - 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 20, 2015
This 2.5 days training with one year follow up support on action plans will provide participants with effective skills on how to identify and assist domestic violence and sexual assault victims who may also be human trafficking victims. This training will focus on improving collaborative response to adult international trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
As a result of this training participants will be better able to:
- Initiate multi-disciplinary collaborative strategies in responding to trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Define and clarify individual and organizational roles and responsibilities in responding to trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Develop culturally competent and linguistically accessible approaches for effective case management to assist trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Enhance knowledge on the legal options, assistance and benefits that are available for trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault;
- Identify and respond to adult international trafficked victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault; and
- Create an action plan to develop and implement a collaborative response to addressing human trafficking in your community
WHO MAY ATTEND
- OVW grantees are highly encouraged to come in multidisciplinary teams composed of organizations in their communities ("teams" of 3-4 individuals) which may include, but not limited to: domestic violence/sexual assault program staff, attorneys, law enforcement, human trafficking taskforce members, and immigration community service providers. Example possible team configuration: DV/SA program director, law enforcement, immigration attorney, community based organization. A proposed team must have at least 1 OVW grantee or OVW partner.
- OVW grantees and their OVW grant partners can participate and use their OVW travel funds to send grant funded staff and partners to this training, with prior approval from their OVW Program Manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Teams interested in participating will need to submit an application for this training. Please obtain approval to participate from your OVW program specialist before applying. More at http://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/building-collaborative-responses-to-trafficked-victims-of-domestic-violence-and-sexual-assault-training/
Due to space limitations, your application is not confirmed until you receive an acceptance letter.
Link to online application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZL5X5B6.
For more information, please see the linked brochure or contact Mónica Arenas at E-mail: email@example.com, Tel: 415-678-5519.