FWN Chapter Development
Chapters have critical roles in their direct contact with members, customer service, recruitment-retention, delivery of benefits and networking forums. The FWN Chapter Affiliation Agreement is used to spell out the relationship between the chapter and the FWN, the parent organization. The issues such as structure, taxes, reporting, logo and name usage, insurance, risk, services, expectations, etc., are outlined in the agreement.
The Filipina Women's Network (FWN) is a San Francisco based non-profit international advocacy organization that seeks to increase the power of Filipina women as leaders and policy makers at all levels in corporate, government, institutions and community organizations to achieve economic and social justice and women’s rights.
FWN provides the content, credibility and a worldwide network of Filipina women professionals to support the success of Filipina women in their businesses and careers.
FWN convenes programs and activities that enhance public perceptions of Filipina women's capacities to lead and to build the Filipina community's pipeline of qualified leaders, to increase the odds that some Filipina women will rise to the president position in the private and public sectors worldwide.
FWN provides Filipina women with opportunities to share practical career and business experiences. This focus on actual career and business experiences, rather than theory, from practitioners, corporate managers, entrepreneurs, elected / appointed officials, nonprofit and community leaders, along with peer networking, are the distinguishing features of FWN meetings.
Be the #1 resource for leadership, personal and professional development for Filipina women worldwide.
WHAT FWN DOES
FWN provides leadership and opportunities for Filipina women to achieve professional competence and personal fulfillment
A FILIPINA WOMAN LEADER IN EVERY SECTOR OF THE ECONOMY
We achieve the FWN Mission through public education forums and career/business development programs that:
- Influence popular culture.
- Raise awareness of the activities, careers and status of Filipina women in the global workplace.
- Enhance public perceptions of Filipina women's capacity to lead.
- Change biases against Filipina women's leadership abilities.
- Build the Filipina community's pipeline of qualified leaders to increase the odds that some will rise to the "president" position in all sectors.
We strive to exemplify our values through:
Partnership• Innovation• Integrity• Transparency• Respect
PRIORITY PROGRAM AREAS
- Shaping the Filipina Image
- Filipina Action Now
- Anti-Domestic Violence and Anti-Human Trafficking Awareness Campaigns
- Immigrant Rights
- The Vagina Monologues productions
- One Billion Rising
- Annual Filipina Leadership Global Summit
- 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the World Awards™
- Pinay Power 2020
- Strategic Alliances with corporate Filipino employee affinity groups in all economic sectors especially organizations with global employee populations.
- Filipina Women Who Could Be President Fellowship
- Boards & Commissions Appointments
- Political Education Awareness Training and Voter Registration
- FWN Fellows
- Pinay Speed Femtoring
- FWN Salo Salo™
- Sheroes Monologues
- Filipina Global Leadership Series: DISRUPTing Book Tours
- Filipina Global Leadership Competencies Workshops
INTENSIFY MEMBER VALUE
Engage and partner with all members, understand their needs and expectations, and respond with value-added solutions to strengthen learning, leadership, professional and personal development in their respective workplaces and the Filipina community.
CREATE, CAPTURE AND PROVIDE FIRST CLASS KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Make FWN the most comprehensive source of information on Filipina pop culture, workplace learning, leadership, professional and personal development for Filipina women.
LEAD THROUGH TECHNOLOGY
Leverage technology to engage members, capture knowledge, facilitate interaction, and deliver customized products and services.
SHAPE THE FILIPINA IMAGE
Define the Filipina image and shape its future by being the leading source of workplace data, trends, and successful practices for Filipina women professionals.
POSITION FWN AS THE RECOGNIZED LEADER WITH CURRENT AND EMERGING PLAYERS
Serve the Filipina global community by being a leading catalyst for sharing knowledge, professional learning and personal development worldwide.