PCY is a an innovative, well respected, high impact, growing organization committed to closing the achievement and opportunity gaps for students from low-resource communities, so that all young people can thrive in school and beyond. We have a longstanding reputation as excellent partners and collaborators with a diverse set of allies and stakeholders. Learn about our work atwww.partnerforchildren.org.
The COO will partner with the highly connected and influential CEO who will expand her role as an external fundraiser and thought leader. This role has elements of a Chief of Staff role, as a right-hand support to the CEO on an evolving range of tasks. This will include coordinating the organization’s Leadership Team, providing support with the Board of Directors, and supporting the CEO’s ability to effectively build external support for the organization. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for ensuring each function of the organization meets its goals, and the organization is working effectively towards its mission. The COO oversees and supports key functions of the organization including financial management, budget planning and monitoring, human resources, administrative support, communications and elements of the program work.
Essential Skills and Competencies
• Experience with supporting high-level Board of Directors, including planning of meetings and supporting board engagement strategies
• Experience guiding externally facing communications tools and strategies, so that the work of the organization is both understood, recognized and valued with key audiences
• Strong management skills and style that honors and capitalizes on the deep talent and expertise in place at PCY
• Ability to implement and manage organizational processes/structures that are responsive, easy for busy staff to engage with, and effective.
OPERATIONS and MANAGEMENT
• Builds excellent working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Builds an experienced and talented staff through oversight of recruiting and hiring, and ensures opportunities for growth.
• Regularly examine and address needs in internal processes, policies, organizational structure and systems that affect performance across the organization.
• Maintains knowledge of the status of all organization and department plans and projects, and keeps the Leadership Team informed of status and/or need for additional support.
• Ensures adequate supervision, direction and support to the Director of Administration who has day to day responsibility for payroll and benefits, HR policies and compliance, contracts administration, information technology systems, facilities and equipment.
• Manages special projects as needed such as implementation of constituent management systems and databases.
PLANNING and EVALUATION
• Drives the strategic planning processes including external research, programmatic impact analysis, financial analysis, board and staff engagement and communications.
• Oversees creation of short and long-range measurable program, financial, and operational goals and objectives of the organization. Ensures regular evaluation, analysis and communication of the results.
• Maintains a strategic overview of all evaluations being undertaken during the year and ensures there is a synthesis of lessons for organizational learning and external positioning.
• Coordinates annual work plan development and regular assessment of workplan goals, including celebration and recognition of accomplishments.
Learn more about the opportunity here.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume with the subject line “COO” to email@example.com before June 6th, 2016.